Sunday 24 June 2012

Week 6 - Getting there - Rocking week

Sixth week of my 8 week challenge to bring my professional, personal and fitness life back on track. Almost there, should clear the uncertainties this week.Experienced an earthquake this week on Tuesday in Melbourne. Not something to worry about but a 5.3 scale good enough to rock your world. 


Professionally, a good week nailed the current project and got a few appreciations. I also got my termination letter this week, it came in as a shock even though i was expecting it to come sometime next week. i also went to an interview and currently have a couple of offers and a couple in the pipeline. This gives me some room to negotiate, however things can get bad quite quickly so need to be a bit careful.


Personally had a hectic week but good thing is it will only get better from here. The house building activities are still making good progress.Feeling a bit low with my room mate off to get engaged, fighting my demons alone in the house. Financially, the sudden surge in the aussie dollar is making me feel good. 


On the fitness front, had a couple of swims and unable to go anywhere beyond that. Need to focus on this front in the coming weeks.


I cant believe two of the greatest indian tennis players are making a mockery of olympics and indian tennis. I was a big fan of Leander and Bhupathi when i was around 13 years when they won the doubles tournament in Chennai. My parents were fortunate to see them play and win the semi finals of Aus open last year. They also had an opportunity to get both their autographs in a single tennis ball. Not sure if that can ever happen again, end of the day it is a loose-loose situation for everyone in this mud slinging activity.


Leander's Autograph during Aus Open 2011
I am running behind on the reviews of satyameva jayate. Today's episode on pesticides in food was a nice topic and so was the people with special abilities. However, could not connect to the domestic violence episode. May be because i have not seen any such thing in my family and friends circle i am unable to digest the fact that such men really exist.


Another movie marathon this week, starting with "Snow white and the huntsman" this friday night, could not relate the twilight girl Kirsten Stewart to Snow white. On Saturday saw the tamil movie "valakku enn 18/9", an amazing master piece, absolutely loved it even though i dont like movies with sad endings this was a nice one and the finished my saturday with the hindi movie "Rock Star", i cant believe how i missed watching this movie till date, i now know what people mean when they tell you live life like a rock star. Ranbir you rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment