Saturday 2 June 2012

Week 3 - Not a week to remember

Third week of my 8 week challenge to bring my professional, personal and fitness life back on track.


Professionally, a very hectic week didnt get much of a chance to catch up with people and no promising offers. Well good thing is finally i have a weekend after slogging 12 days. After working till 8 pm on Sunday and happily watching Chennai score 190 slept off at 2 am only to wake up at 7 am to see chennai lost the IPL finals. Not a good start to the week, which only got worse as it progressed. Wednesday got the rejection from my first job offer because they found someone with 20 yrs of experience who also quoted a less daily rate.Friday was the worst day, started with getting stuck in the lift for 25 mins. Even though there were a couple of good looking girls there were also 10 other people breathing on each other's face. It only got worse as the day progressed. The only silver lining this week was the townhall where i was called up on to the stage for the Q3 individual performance awards. Felt really proud to be one among 4 people, picked up from a program of 1500 people. I have to update my linked in profile this weekend at any cost to get noticed in the next few weeks.


Personally, the dream home is shaping up well. My parents are excited and at the same time worried how i would manage my finances.Little they know the sorting out the finances is the last thing i am worried about now, will have to do something next week to make them feel comfortable.I have always been the person with whom my family, extended family, my school friends, my college friends, work colleagues open up to share their problems as they think my life is perfect. I have never been able to open up to anyone because i fear they would not have anyone else to open up to. This is hurting me now and i guess i will have to settle now with the next best thing to open up, this blog.


Fitness side was a total blank this week, at this rate i might end up giving up soon on this. Every time i start on this i have a good start but lack the motivation to get through to the end.


Badly need a break, my favourite getaway location, Squeaky beach, Wilson Prom
From where i stand, my life could quickly in either direction pretty quick. Well it would have been a totally different situation if my parents were not looking out for a bride for me. I would have taken a nice break after a couple of hectic years then started fresh to think about the next assignments. I still hope i get an assignment with a few weeks break so that i can plan something. At this stage just looking forward to the long weekend next week thanks to Queen and the Australian govt celebrating her birthday and the Mt buller trip in 4-5 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment