Sunday 10 June 2012

Week 4 - A good week but miles to go before i sleep

Fourth week of my 8 week challenge to bring my professional, personal and fitness life back on track. Half way there yet still a long way to go.


Professionally, another hectic week but still managed to catch up with a few people and ended up with a couple of offers which should get finalized next week. One of the interesting discussions was with one of the HR's which a couple of years ago i would have taken the job without a second thought, now i quoted them that i was expecting a figure way way less than my current pay but still she told me it was way above the salary they had in mind for the role. The good thing is i was finally able to shape up my linkedin profile, next week is for seeking recommendations and closing off my current project. On one side i get a lot of advice about the global economic conditions and i should settle for whatever i get, while on the other hand my heart doesn't want to settle for anything less. The next two weeks should be interesting, i have decided to cut down my losses and finalized a role so that the worst case i will end up in a role with a lesser pay but this gives the platform for me to chase other higher roles in the next 3-4 weeks.


Personally, work at the dream home has started. The bore well was dug out last week and next are the plans to be finalized, approved and then kick off the building activities. Finances are in order for the next couple of months,  but i think i can still manage my finances well enough to finish off the house. My mom is still believing in an astrologer who thinks i will find my dream girl if my mom visits the temple every week for the next 8 weeks. Anyways, it helps my cause, i feel much relieved i don't have to complicate my life any further at this stage. Spent the Sunday browsing through a lot of top blogs from Indiblogs read a few nice blogs and added them to my reading list. Also, did a lot of shopping this week, why does it feel good when you shop and much better when it is on sale. Also started my snow gear shopping for the Mt Buller trip which i am very eagerly looking forward to.


Taken during my 3rd trip to Mt Buller, looking forward to the 5th trip in a few weeks
Fitness side was another total blank this week, thanks to the hectic work and the bacteria which is killing me and which i am killing using penicillin. I have lot a couple of kilos due to this bacteria, not the ideal way to loose weight. However, i think i have just the inspiration to sort this out in the next few weeks. I have bought an amazing fcuk jacket and intentionally bought it a size smaller so that i can get the motivation to get myself fit. Let us see how long this trick works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment