Sunday 27 May 2012

Week 2 - Mentally and physically drained yet worth it

Second week of my 8 week challenge to bring my professional, personal and fitness life back on track.


Professionally an awesome week, even though i have clocked already 64 hours and it is still not over it was worth it. It began well this monday and everything was going as per plan, however on monday evening there was a WTF moment due to a manual error and we were looking at a delay of 1 week. So i had to stay back late to plan the recovery and communicate the impact, the good thing was my director trusted my judgement and it gave me a lot of confidence to replan things on the fly. Things will be back on track next week thanks to the wonderful team i have, i am going to miss them in a few weeks.Thursday, caught up with a few people regarding my next role, they were a few promising options, let me see how they materialise in a couple of weeks. I also got a surprise last friday when i won the Q3 award for best performance, will know this wednesday what the award is. This week need to bring things back on track and start catching up with a few more people.


Personally another good week, our dream house project has kicked off, they have identified the point for the bore well and the draft plans are ready. This  also means i have to sort out my finances in a couple of weeks to take it forward. Booked in a vacation for a couple of days for the snow trip this year to Mt Buller in early July, my fifth trip to Mt Buller for a well deserved break after this project. My car is back up and running, drove 40km to a restaurant last friday just to have some nice south indian cuisine idli and dosa with my friends and drove a 70km yesterday house hunting for my friend. Feels great to be back driving it again after a break of a couple of weeks. Felt a bit low for a few hours this weekend when i felt that in a few weeks i will be the only unmarried single guy in my whole group but came over it once i started getting calls from office on the issues. 


Amidst all these my fitness level is taking a hit, could only manage a couple of swimming session this week and the gloomy melbourne weather is not helping my cause. 
Sachin is God but when it come to IPL, Dhoni is king of Gods. Taken @ MCG 2012
Chennai super kings are having a roll this week hope they close it off with a big win over KKR tonight, at least for the sake of SRK chennai should win. If my team chennai can come back from being written off by everyone, i can get my life back on track too and the next 6 weeks should be more than enough. Off to office to finish off the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment