Sunday 13 May 2012

Emotional Atyachaar

Another week, a few good things and few not so good things overall a week where you can't complain much.

On a professional side got a couple of informal offers even though the pay is pretty good, the work will not really make me jump out of bed on a monday morning. So it is difficult to make up your mind.There are only 7-8 weeks left in the current project but i still find myself so emotionally attached to that i cant think of a change. However, i know i have to stop getting emotional and start focusing on the next options.

On a personal note have not had much time to speak with my family this week until yesterday, things are gradually falling in place for fulfilling my dream for my parents. I was feeling lucky on tuesday looking at the daily horoscope and did a few crazy things but didnt work out very well. I guess i pushed my luck a bit too far.

The good part is that even though i have lost some sleep over the last week over a wide range of things i was able to complete a couple of 9-10 km run/jog/walk from my home to albert park. The timings were not that great 10-15 mins higher than my personal best run in the melbourne marathon 2011. I physically feel much better and  i think i will put up a better show this year. The worse part is the melbourne weather which is only getting worse and makes me miss chennai summer. I never thought i would say this when i was in chennai during my college days.

Albert Park, my training location - famous for the first F1 race of the season
I can't complain about my life but there was a silver bullet this week to take it over the roof. It was the 70million lotto on tuesday. Tuesday, i was feeling lucky and i also convinced my friends to grab a share in the lotto so we bought a ticket. Given the fact that i am writing a blog today, you would have understood the results of the lotto. Yes, it came up with better luck next time, i really pushed my luck very far. A couple of interesting facts around this. First, nearly half of Australian adult population brought a ticket, there is still a lot of hope in the world. Secondly, i came to know the odds of you winning a lotto are lower than the odds of lightning striking you.

Friday night was fun, had to choose between the screening of "Dirty Picture" with Vidya Balan who is melbourne to promote indian film festival or night out with a few good friends. Easy decision, went to a nice pub, it was a pretty good place, not very crowded on a friday night with a good ambience and nice music. The good part is that you dont have to wait for your drinks, ended up having a blast with a couple of whisky's, a cocktail and a couple of shots of "absinthe". It was my first shot and it didnt feel that great but ended up gulping it. My friends were pretty surprised because i had just started last year having a occasional drink and they have never seen me drink so much, even i thought i was going to get high like they show in the movies. Though the only thing i could not remember from the night is the name of the cocktail, which i would not have remembered even on a normal day.

Absinthe shots - lined up ready to be gulped
I thought getting drunk would help me clear my mind and start looking at things differently. I didnt end up both getting drunk or clearing my mind. Even a 10km run yesterday didnt help the cause. Writing this blog now is helping me though, there are a lot of turbulence in my life right now and hoping for a miracle or winning a lotto is not going to help. I have to stop getting emotional and start taking some tough decisions in the next few weeks to get back my lost sleep. Will provide a regular update for the next 8 weeks, which i believe should be enough to bring my life back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment