Wednesday 2 May 2012

Dinner with the leadership team

Had an awesome dinner with my leadership team on tuesday. I am not a big fan of Asian restaurants but this was a good one. The food and service was good and the ambience was awesome.

For entree we ordered "Split Pea Fritters with Spicy Tamarind Dipping Sauce" and "Betel Leaf Topped With Pomelo, Crispy Shallot, Peanuts, Mint and Chilli". I must admit i had to google the menu to get the names correct but they were pretty good. I was touched by the fact that the entire order for entree was vegetarian so that i could have more choices. I have never been treated so royally.  This is the best leadership team one could ever work with. It makes me sad that i am going to miss them in a couple of months. I was thinking of ordering coke but this was a special day for me so decided to go for some wine. A bottle of Shiraz was ordered, i somehow finished my first glass of wine.

For the main course we ordered "Chilli Five Spice Fried Tofu with Stir-Fried Gailan and Hot ‘n Sour Snowpea Sprout Salad" and "Vegetarian Green Curry with Roasted Carrot, Roasted Shallot, Apple Eggplant, Pumpkin, Corn and Kipfler Potato" and a few other dishes.  Apart from a few work related discussions, we had a lot of discussion across a wide range of topics. I was actively participating in discussion around New Zealand, Australian and India tourist locations, Indian food, population density etc. The topics where i could not speak a word was "Toddler Taming" and "Golf".Got some handy tips on bringing up children and started to know a few things about golf which i used to think was the most boring game in the world.

For dessert we ordered "Passionfruit Brulee with Puffed Wild Rice and Coconut Ice-Cream Choc, Chilli", "Mint Parfait with Salted Peanut Caramel, Rice Puffs and Pineapple Sorbe" and "Mango Marshmallow, Lemongrass Pannacotta and Watermelon Jelly ". Thank you folks for the awesome experience.

Unfortunately didnt take any snaps. So have to post one of the snaps from my archive of my personal favourite "Sizzling hot chocolate brownie with ice cream".

Sizzling hot chocolate brownie with icecream @ amigos
The Melbourne weather is having a toll on me this week. Officially the winter has started and the overcoat is out. All i needed was one reason not to start training this week and i have got more than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment